Categories of Membership:
There are three categories of membership:
1. Corporate Membership: [ Jump to section ]
2. Ordinary Members: Open to all Christian Counsellors in Malaysia who are above the age of 21 who are Malaysian citizens. Counsellors are those who have training from recognised institutions.
3. Associate Members: Open to anyone who shares the objectives of the organisation. Associate members do not need to have any counseling qualifications. They can be elevated to Ordinary Members if they collect the relevant qualifications from the training offered by the organisation.
The NACC will organise Annual Conferences, lectures and workshops at the national level and award contact hours to attendees. Only the Ordinary Members are eligible to vote at the NACC Annual General Meetings and be its office bearers.
Benefits of Membership:
The membership benefits to the individual and the Christian community are as follows:
- Eligible for registration discounts to attend the NACC Annual National Conferences, Pre-conference Workshops and lectures.
- Access to counselling forums and meetings for fellowship, networking, knowledge and skills enhancement as well as information-sharing to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field.
- In attending these events, Associate Members will earn contact hours to qualify as Ordinary Members.
- Professional and Ordinary Members are listed in the NACC website for networking among ourselves and with the Christian community.
- As more Christians become exposed to Christian counselling, they will be able to help others more effectively through their counselling knowledge and skills.
- This will lighten the burden of pastors as caregivers to individuals who are in need. At the same time, pastors can tap into the existing pool of counselling knowledge and skills already developed through empirical studies on human nature and hence will understand better how a person in need thinks, feels and behaves.
Platform for Recognition:
Secularly qualified counsellors in Malaysia are registered under the Board of Counsellors Malaysia which does not recognise Christian counselling. Hence, membership with the NACC does not certify a Christian to set up practice as a professional counsellor. In fact, NACC hopes that by promoting and imparting basic counselling knowledge and skills to the general body of Christ in this nation, many more Christians will be motivated to pursue a tertiary course to qualify academically as a professional counsellor. Above all, a national association of Christian counsellors can be a platform to voice the interests of those practising Christian counselling, particularly for Government recognition, when we have the membership strength to do so.
To submit application for membership, download the Membership Application Form by clicking HERE
For churches and para-church organizations.
The first year membership fee is prorated ie RM 500 in Q1 , RM 375 in Q2 , RM 250 in Q3 , RM 125 in Q4
Subsequent years thereafter will be RM500 per year
Entrance fee is RM500
- 3 church members are entitled to discounts to conferences, workshops and courses - they are not restricted to 3 specific church members but to any 3 at any course .
- Membership listing on NACC website
- Receive NACC regular publications